Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Not All That Many Words

519, to be precise.

Maybe I've outgrown the write your novel at breakneck speed phase. This November will be my tenth NaNoWriMo, maybe it's time for a more measured approach. Dunno. But cranking out words in order to meet the wordcount doesnt' make sense to me anymore.

Getting words on the page for the sake of getting words on the page was important when I was just beginning to write. But I don't need to prove to myself anymore that I can do it. I know I can. I think I may reduce my daily quota to 750 words, which is considerably less than 1613. If the writing goes well and I want to keep going, excellent. But typing on just because I decided I need to write the first draft of this novel in one month, after all? No, I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment