Sunday, 31 July 2011

Fiction August

There's nothing I like better to keep me writing than a competition. A writing dare, if you like. Like NaBloPoMo or 750words.com, NaNoWriMo or, indeed, short story competitions. And this month, I'm going to combine a few of those.

The NaBloPoMo theme for August is FICTION. I'm going to (try to) write a piece of fiction every day - well, in some cases, I might work on the same piece of fiction for a few days. I'm going to use 750words.com for the first draft, post my progress here every day and for inspiration, I'm going to check upcoming competition and anthology submission deadlines on Duotrope. It's an ambitious plan and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stick to it (and yes, I'm going to blame the baby if I don't), but there it is. A Plan. Having a Plan is always a good thing. Especially if said Plan turns out to be successful. Like Hannibal Smith says, I love it when a Plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment