Friday, 1 July 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo

Or: I’m totally not going to stop writing this summer

Camp NaNoWriMo starts today (find out more here: http://www.campnanowrimo.org/pages/about) and I’ve written 877 words so far. That is more than half the 1613 words that are required every day if I want to have a 50k novel by the end of July. And, yes, that’s what I want.

Well, no, maybe not quite. What I want is this: Write the novel which has been gestating in my head for a while and which made a dramatic leap from the backburner to the forefront of my mind a few days ago. I want to finish the first draft over the summer, then go away for a couple of weeks and come back to it to edit it. I’m not hellbent on finishing it this month, but if I did, that would be an added bonus.

So here I am, 736 words away from the daily quota. Back to writing, then. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment